We’re going to take a slight detour from the normal BLOG. I think we need a diversion. It’s not often that “we normal people” are able to catch a glimpse of the things going on behind closed doors of major corporations and organizations. Well today, I want to provide one of those moments. While most have heard about General Motors, Amazon, Google, ….. how many have heard about an up and coming organization being compared to Tesla as perhaps the future way business will be conducted….yes, I’m speaking of the “Touhill Chicken Association”. Below are the confidential notes from their recent Annual Board of Trustee Meeting. Enjoy and be inspired.
Notes From Association Annual Meeting:
We the chickens of the Touhill Chicken Association would like to thank the many who have done so much to make our life so wonderful.
Being a chicken is not easy. Most people think we are not very smart…and they may be right. Some people say we don’t smell very good… and they may be right. Some say we have an annoying personality… and they may be right.
Regardless of all that, we do bring something to the table… yes you guessed it….we bring eggs to the table. We bring delicious fresh eggs to the table…yummy. So the next time you are wondering why there is that attractive chicken coop behind the home on Mary St. , remember those delicious eggs….maybe fried, over easy, poached….perhaps over pancakes, along with some delicious crispy bacon and a piping hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate.
So with that in mind, we want to thank a few people.
- Bank of Touhill: Mr. & Mrs. Jonathan Touhill for their multi thousand dollar investment and faith in the project….you will be rewarded someday.
- Chicken Pioneer & Advisor: Mr. Jonathan Touhill, Jr. for his inspiration and work to get this project off the ground in 2018.
- Production Manager & Assistant: Miss LoLo Touhill and Miss CoCo Touhill for their oversight, feeding and caring of the chickens during the winter of 2020-2021.
- Quality Control & Taste Testing: Mr. Ben Touhill, Mr. Will Touhill, Miss Gracie Touhill for eating the eggs and providing helpful comments
- Search & Rescue & Emergency Repair: Mr. Ben Touhill and Mr. Nick Luea for snow removal, coop repair, poop removal, and overall help.
- Special Treats & Recreation: Gramma Touhill, with assistance from Nolan Cantine and Theodore Gallic for taking special treats to the chickens and bossing the chickens around.
- Words Of Wisdom Society: Papa Touhill for always being ready to make a comment about the chickens
Chuck the Chicken,
President of the Touhill Chicken Association
Note: “For everything there is a season, A time for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest.” (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)