After celebrating his birthday the other day, my grandsons said….. ”Mom,this was the best day of my life… the best day of my life”.
I was so happy to hear that. I was happy that he had a nice birthday celebration, but I was especially happy that he noticed it and was grateful. It’s becoming more uncommon to hear good news and especially to hear it expressed with enthusiasm. It lifts my spirits to hear good news.
Recently I did a BLOG entitled “My Glass Is Overflowing”…not just half-full, but overflowing. So, in honor of that topic, I’d like to mention some “good news” in today’s BLOG. So here goes:
- Well first of all, today is a great day! God made this day ! As the Psalmist reminds us “This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:24) No matter what, this is a good day. And as I look out the window, the sun is shining and there’s not a cloud in the sky…beautiful.
- Well, we just found out our daughter Anne had a little boy this morning…”Miles David”. This is great news as she had the baby in the midst of recovering from the CoronaVirus. Great job Anne ! She did it…. supported by her wonderful husband Mark and her 3 Musketeers at home (Joe, Zach, and Nolan)
- Let’s keep going. I read a quote in the news today entitled “Today is the Happiest I’ve Been in Many Years”. It was from a woman saying the rosary in front of the State House of Maine, praying for our nation. She was happy to be publicly praying for our country and its return to order…. good for her.
- There’s more. My birthday was yesterday and I was rereading some of the cards I received. They are all great. From my grandchildren I heard “you are an amazing PaPa …. you are the best PaPa “everyone” could have …. you are the best in the world (Wooo) ….. You are awesome”, I love all your jokes and stories… on and on .” From my children I heard more wonderful encouragements and received nice gifts. Wow, it was a great day. I’m so blessed. Gee, maybe it was the best day of my life…it was certainly a wonderful day. I need to pause and thank God for the incredible blessings he’s poured out on me. Thank you Lord for your great generosity to me. Wow!!!
- And finally, the other day, my son-in-law Chris treated me to a round of golf for my birthday. It’s always a bit confusing when you’re putting your bag on the cart and emptying your pockets into your bag … keys, wallet, glasses, rosary. At the end of the round, you reverse the process. Anyway, I got home and couldn’t find my rosary. I looked everywhere and couldn’t find it. I was distraught because this was a special rosary my daughter-in-law Kristin had made for me for our 50th wedding anniversary. I love the rosary and have been trying to say it everyday. Well, today my wife and I decided to take another look in my golf bag (which I had already looked thru twice). Judy opened a pouch and said “here it is”. What……I looked in there at least twice. Wow, I am very, very happy to get my rosary back. In case you’re wondering, I’m never going to put my rosary in a golf bag again.
This is the best day of my life! What a great day! “This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.”
Okay, now it’s your turn. Examine your day and make a list of all the great things that you can thank God for today…maybe your job, your health, your spouse, your kids, your parents, your friends, your house, your food, your rosary, and especially that God loves you this day, this moment, and is taking care of every one of your needs, and is preparing a place for you in heaven.
Wow, our glass is not half full, it’s overflowing !!!